Choco Oatmeal Bar
This recipe has been passed to me by Tita Beulah, which is passed to her by Ate Au, which is passed to her by Ate Clem, which is passed to her by a friend, which she got from training. Well, doesn’t matter who owns this recipe I guess. What matter is that this awesome dessert you gotta try.
Now get your mixing bowl, spatula and these ingredients for Choco Oatmeal Bar:
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 cup melted butter
pinch of salt
for chocolate toppings:
1/2 can condensed milk
1/2 tbsp vanilla
2 tbsp cocoa
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
1. For chocolate toppings, combine milk, vanilla and cocoa in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine oatmeal, flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl in a separate bowl. Set aside.
3. Again, in a separate bowl, beat eggs well. Add sugar and butter.
4. Combine flour mixture to egg mixture. The batter will be stiff. This will be a good hand exercise.
5. Place the mixture in a well greased pan. Separate a handful for toppings.
6. Cover hands with plastic. Flatten evenly the mixture in the pan.
7. Pour the chocolate toppings equally on the flattened oatmeal mixture.
8. Place randomly bits of the left oatmeal mixture on top.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
10. Let it cool, remove from pan and slice to bars.