I was thrilled to have been visited by members from our Church who shared an inspiring message to my family. I thought it was a special day not only because they visited us for the first time since we moved to Bonuan but that day was also Father’s Day. And to mark that special occasion, I cooked my all time favorite Spaghetti and baked a pan of Brownies. Again, spaghetti and brownies didn’t had a luck to be placed inside the fridge coz leftovers were brought for the Bishopric’s snack after their meeting.
Anyway, let us bring our childhood memories as we indulge with this chewy, chocolatey and nutty brownies.
5 cups cake flour
1 cup butter
3 pcs eggs
3 cups white sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup cocoa
1. Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add sugar and egg alternately and continue creaming until the mixture is smooth.
4. Stir in the flour mixture alternately with milk. Blend well.
5. Add vanilla and half part of the chopped nuts.
6. Pour the mixture into a well greased pan.
7. Sprinkle the remaining nuts on top.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until done.
9. Let it cool before slicing.